All internships are PAID! As an intern you will also get the opportunity to volunteer with the community, enjoy “Lunch & Learns” on topics such as Refining Your Resume, Innovation in the Workplace, LinkedIn Presence and will be included in other company-sponsored activities. Plus, our attire at Bankers is casual; yes, you can wear jeans every day!
We also offer lots of free training and provide our interns with a database for free, online classes on a diverse array of topics. Every intern is paired with a mentor and the mentor and intern meet on a regular basis to discuss career development and goals.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
Timeframe: Length of a semester; however, some may be extended
Hours: 20-40 hours per week
You will gain valuable, real-world experience that will initiate a smooth transition into your career. Opportunities that are typically available in the following areas throughout the year include: Product Management, Operations, Marketing, Business Intelligence and Analytics, Actuarial, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, and others.
- Support business leaders in the completion of critical projects and initiatives.
- Analyze and improve current processes, products and systems.
- Identify, research and implement innovative solutions to current and new questions.
- Present findings of research/analysis.
- Provide fresh perspective on products, operations and strategy.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
We are seeking driven, versatile and analytical individuals that enjoy learning new concepts. Should be familiar with principles of business and have working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Preferred skills, characteristics, and knowledge are largely dependent upon field of study and specific area of focus of internship.
DAVID VASQUEZ—University of South Florida, Business
Lindsey Coates-University of South Florida, Communications
Auburn Abell-Stetson University, Business
Interns at Bankers have come from a wide range of colleges and universities including:
- University of Tampa
- University of Notre Dame
- University of North Carolina
- University California Los Angeles
- Washington University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- University of South Florida
- University of Georgia
- St. Petersburg College
- Rutgers University
- Oklahoma State University
- University of Florida
- Stetson University
- Florida State University
- George Washington University
- SUNY Plattsburgh